In the bustling world of YouTube, where creators and content enthusiasts collide, privacy has become a valuable asset. Whether you’re an up-and-coming vlogger or a seasoned content creator with a substantial following, you might be wondering how to keep some aspects of your channel hidden. One common concern is how to hide your subscribers on YouTube, and in this blog, we’ll show you exactly how to do it.
Why Hide Your Subscribers?
Before we dive into the “how,” let’s address the “why.” Hiding your subscriber count on YouTube can be a strategic move for various reasons, including:
- Privacy: You might prefer to keep your audience size private, especially if your channel is in its early stages or if you’re just starting.
- Reduced pressure: A visible subscriber count can sometimes lead to pressure to perform and affect the content you create. Hiding it can relieve this pressure.
- Surprise element: Concealing your subscribers can add an element of surprise for your audience when you eventually choose to reveal your subscriber count.
How to Hide Your Subscribers on YouTube
- Sign in to Your YouTube Channel
Log in to the YouTube channel that you want to make the changes to.
- Access YouTube Studio
Once you’re in, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner and select “YouTube Studio.”
- Navigate to the Settings
In YouTube Studio, find the left sidebar and click on “Settings.”
- Now click on Advanced settings and scroll down to Subscriber count as shown below
- Make Your Choice
To hide your subscribers, uncheck “Display the number of people subscribed.” To reveal your subscribers, select check to “Display the number of people subscribed.” Click “Save” to confirm your changes.
And that’s it! Your subscriber count is now either hidden from the public eye or visible, depending on your preference.
Benefits of Hiding Your Subscribers
Hiding your subscribers isn’t just about keeping your numbers under wraps. There are a few significant benefits to consider:
- Content focus: With the subscriber count hidden, you can concentrate on creating content that truly resonates with your audience, regardless of its size.
- Less stress: You’ll avoid the pressure to constantly monitor your growth and compare it to others.
- Flexibility: You can reveal your subscriber count at any time when you’re ready, making it a memorable event for your audience.
Hiding your subscribers on YouTube is a simple process that can offer valuable advantages, whether you’re a newbie in the YouTube world or a seasoned creator. It allows you to create content with a clear mind and focus on what truly matters – delivering value to your viewers. Remember, the choice is entirely yours, and you can always switch between public and private as you see fit. Enjoy the freedom of controlling your channel’s privacy, and let your content shine.